Information on Credit Transfers
(for New Graduate Students who earned their previous degrees at POSTECH)
Students who are starting their graduate studies at POSTECH this semester and have earned their previous degrees at POSTECH (ex: new MS or MS/Ph.D students who received a BS degree from POSTECH or new Ph.D students who received an MS degree from POSTECH) can apply for credit transfers of graduate level courses that they have previously completed, if they have exceeded the minimum credit requirements for graduation. Please refer to the following for details.
1. Application period: Sat. Sept. 1 – Fri. Sept. 28, 2012
2. Applicable courses: coursework credits (excluding research credits)
3. Range of courses: coursework credits earned from 500-level courses that exceed required credits for graduation
4. How to apply:
a. Log on to POVIS - go to Academic Affairs - click on 학적변동 (Status Change) -
click on 학사신청 (Application)
b. Select 학점이월신청 (Apply for credit transfer) from the detailed menu on the left –
Select the courses for credit transfer.
c. Consult with the academic advisor and apply for online approval.
d. Confirm the status of the application and the approval from the academic advisor on
POVIS (Refer to POVIS/Academic Affairs/Undergraduate FAQ for more details).
5. Credits and Grades
- Approved transfer credits and grades will be indicated on transcripts as they are.
- Grades of the transferred courses will be excluded from the GPA calculation for the
current degree program.
- Transferred credits will not affect the grades of the previous degree program.
6. For inquiries, please contact Academic Records (e-mail: email@example.com)